Interior decoration trends are rapidly changing, inspiring, and consuming. These are like creative riots that are leashed on to just one aspect- quenching the thirst for a visual delight. Every frill and every curve lead to an oasis of beauty that devours an individual’s imagination. One spark of imagination results in the creation of decor themes that were never even imagined. Playing on the same tunes, the decoration of furniture plays a pivotal role in rounding off a decor theme. Start with an ever-so-gracious console table that graces an empty wall and brings life to otherwise ignored spaces. A table is a like a dark knight of the furniture world. It stands still in one corner while playing an important role in the whole setup. The table manages to make its importance felt in numerous ways. It acts like a memory boat with an array of photo frames sailing on its top surface. It becomes the centre of attraction when placed under a classy artwork or a chunky mirror. Sometimes, it hides behind a sofa to create space for accent pieces.
Decorating a console table depends on two factors- decor theme of your home and the placement. When it comes to a decor theme, you need to be very clear about the same. Before you start the process of placing home decor items on a table, ensure that you have chalked out a rough plan. The best way to go about it is by jotting down what all needs to be placed on a table. If the table is placed in a foyer or a hallway, then it will be decked up in a manner to facilitate easy access to day-to-day items. When placed in a living or a dining room, the console table is used for placement of decor items or decanters.
With the following steps, you will be able to easily decorate your console table:
- Placement: Place the table in an apt area such as a foyer, hallway, living room, or a dining room. If it is a wall-leaning table, then secure the same to the wall using screws. A freestanding table will not require any kind of securing. But if your household has little members, then curving the edges will be a good idea.
- Adding an Element of Attraction: Mount an eye-catching artwork or a handcrafted mirror just above the table to draw attention. Ensure that the wall decor piece is fully secured and is mounted in a correct manner. If you don’t wish to mount a decor item, then place the same on the table. Let the element lean against the wall to induce an arty feel.
- Stack Up the Table: Take out your favourite reads and decorative boxes and stack these in a clean pile on the surface of a table. Make good use of the shelves as well but try not over-stacking the items.
- Raise the Bar: Place some tall items such as a candle stand or a figurine to give the table a feel of height. Place the item on the either side of the artwork to balance out the whole setup.
- Bring Out the Accents: Float some accent pieces on the top surface and fill up the shelves in a creative manner.
- Let there be Light: A gorgeous table lamp will be a welcome addition to the vignette.
With the above steps in place, your console table will be the center of attraction as well as the point of envy for your foes.