Imagine yourself being in so much discomfort from having a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid that you take matters into your own hands and actually attempt to pop your hemorrhoid.
I have heard stories of people doing just that, using a mirror and sterilized needle and actually making a hole in the swollen hemorrhoid. The drainage that comes out is smelly, and usually mixed with blood and pus. I would recommend, that before things get this far, you take a look into Home Cures For Thrombosed Hemorrhoids.
A thrombosed hemorrhoid is simply a hemorrhoid that has become full from blood pooling there. It then begins to clot and a collection of blood, pus and mucus forms. These can become extremely painful and affect everyday life. Whether you are trying to sleep, eat or go to the bathroom; your hemorrhoid is constantly on your mind.
Here are some hints to relieve some of the discomfort..
- After you go to the bathroom, dab with wet toilet tissue. The water makes the paper softer. Just dab the area, don’t wipe. You can also use a bottle (like the ones for dish soap) cleaned out and filled with warm water and use this to gently spray the area-then dab dry
- Don’t strain when you use the bathroom. If you sit down to have a bowel movement and it is slow coming, get up and walk around a bit, then return to the toilet.
- Soak in a warm saltwater bath three or four times a day. You can buy the sitz bath salt at your local pharmacy. This will not only relieve the pain it will also help to speed up the healing of your hemorrhoids.
- Increase the amount of fruits, vegetables and whole grains that you are eating. The fiber in these foods will help to keep your stools bulky and easy to pass. Increasing your water to at least eight glasses a day with the fiber is important to help the fiber to work.
- Increase the activity you get will also help in promotion of softer stools and the healing of your hemorrhoids.
Now the fact is that sometimes a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid can actually pop all by itself. Things like sneezing or laughing can bring the pressure of a very swollen hemorrhoid to the point of bursting.
Home cures for Thrombosed Hemorrhoids are proven to be very effective. If your hemorrhoid becomes far too full, swollen and painful, you can make an appointment with your doctor. The doctor can make a puncture or small incision to let the contents of the hemorrhoid drain out. This would lessen the risks associated with popping your hemorrhoid yourself.