The dresser, mirror and vanity play an important role in a person’s typical daily routine, which includes grooming and getting one’s self ready for the day’s events. Therefore, choosing these pieces of furniture becomes very important and must reflect the individual’s needs and lifestyle.
Dressers come in different sizes and contain drawers that can hold clothes, jewelry, accessories and other personal items. Some dressers come with a mirror, however, they can also be purchased separately. Typical dresser types are the single dresser, double dresser, drawer dresser and the door dresser:
– Single dresser: contains one column of drawers
– Double dresser: contains two columns of drawers
– Drawer dresser: a dresser comprised of all drawers
– Door dresser: contains one or two doors that open to reveal a cabinet area with or without shelves
There are four main types of bedroom mirrors – the full length dressing mirror; full length cheval mirror; single mirror; and the tri-fold mirror:
– Full length dressing mirror: often attached to a wall, the back of a door or the inside of a closet or armoire door. They can also be mounted on a stationary stand, allowing you to physically reposition the mirror wherever it is needed. However, the angle of the mirror cannot be changed as with a cheval mirror.
– Full length cheval mirror: a freestanding mirror that is attached to a frame with hinges, allowing the user to rotate or angle the mirror for a better view of themselves. The tabletop version of the cheval mirror is a popular accent piece for the top of a dresser or chest of drawers.
– Single mirror: typically mounted on the wall over the dresser. It can also be attached to the dresser itself, either to its back or tabletop.
– Tri-fold mirror (tri-view mirror): has three sections, the main mirror in the middle and two adjustable mirrors at either side. The user can position the two movable sections to see the face in profile or the back of the head. The tri-fold mirror is usually attached to the dresser, but can sometimes be found attached to the wall by the centre section.
There are two types of vanities – a bedroom vanity and a bathroom vanity. We will be talking about bedroom vanities in this section. A bedroom vanity serves as a place to organize your toiletries and other beauty products. It is also a place to apply or remove make-up, style your hair or go through your morning and nightly beauty routine. A bedroom vanity typically consists of an adjustable mirror, lined and regular drawers and a stool or chair for sitting.
While adding to the decor of the bedroom, dressers, mirrors and vanities play a critical role preparing yourself for day and night’s events. Therefore, take your lifestyle and needs into consideration when choosing these pieces of furniture.…